Friday, November 7, 2008

Movie Suggestion


Hey everybody!

Thought I'd make a quick post to recommend a film I watched last night called Finn's Girl.

Finn, the main character, is definitely a "babe beyond borders" as she is the head doctor of an abortion clinic. Throughout the movie she receives several threats and a few near death-experiences because of her profession. The movie accurately portrays the challenges surrounding abortion and has a nice twist at the end of it.

I won't tell too much about the plot but I definitely recommend checking out this film! Click on the links if you'd like more information about it!

Oh and PS It's Canadian!!

Martha

2 comments:

Melissa Silverstein said...

martha-

totally agree with you about Finn's Girl. Wrote it up a little while ago on my site Women & Hollywood.

Think you might enjoy my commentary- it's very feminist.

http://womenandhollywood.blogspot.com/2008/10/womens-films-on-dvd.html

Erica said...

Thank You Martha!!! What a fantastic suggestion! I think we will definitely have to add it to our movie list for the film series next semester! Cheers to you for suggesting it :)